Jr. Fair Queen & King Rules
Co-Chairs: Joe Fiore, Ericka Ryan & Jessica Rockey
A Junior Fair Queen and King will be chosen from an active member of a 4-H Club, FHA, FFA or any other youth organizations in Perry County to reign over various activities at the County Fair and to represent Perry County at the State Fair. King and Queen interviews are held in lat June/early July. Applications can be picked up at the OSU Extension office after May 15th. King & Queen interviews are held in late June/early July
Queen and King will be announced and presented at the opening night of the fair. Participants for the Queen and King Contest must be 16 years of age or over by January 1 and active in the organization.
The duties for the Fair Queen and King are as follows:
1. The Fair Queen will attend all special functions at the fair with the King.
2. The Queen and King will present Grand and Reserve Champion Livestock trophies to all winners.
3. The Queen and King will be present during the livestock sale and be available for pictures.
4. The Queen and King will attend parades at surrounding festivals and fairs whenever possible.
5. The Queen and King will assist with the contest and coronation the following year.
6. The Queen and King are representing the Perry County Fair and should conduct themselves accordingly. Required dress is minimum business casual, except when personally exhibiting livestock.
7. The Queen will be required to represent Perry County at the annual OFMA Conference Queens Contest in early January.
Applications will be available at the Extension Office after May 15th.